Control of Accuracy on Taylor-Collocation Method for Load Leveling Problem
High penetration of renewable energy sources coupled with decentralization of transport and heating loads in future power systems will result even more complex unit commitment problem solution using energy storage system scheduling for efficient load leveling. This paper employees an adaptive approach to load leveling problem using the Volterra integral dynamical models. The problem is formulated as solution of the Volterra integral equation of the first kind which is attacked using Taylor-collocation numerical method which has the second-order accuracy and enjoys self-regularization properties, which is associated with confidence levels of system demand. Also the CESTAC method is applied to find the optimal approximation, optimal error and optimal step of collocation method. This adaptive approach is suitable for energy storage optimization in real time. The efficiency of the proposed methodology is demonstrated on the Single Electricity Market of the Island of Ireland.
Samad Noeiaghdam, PhD, Assoc. Prof., Baikal School of BRICS, Irkutsk National Research Technical University, 83, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664074, Russian Federation; South Ural State University, 76, Lenin prospect, Chelyabinsk, 454080, Russian Federation, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Denis Sidorov, Dr. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Prof., Melentiev Energy Systems Institute SB RAS, 130, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: (3952) 500-646 ext. 258; Irkutsk National Research Technical University, 83, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664074, Russian Federation; Irkutsk State University, 1, K. Marx st., Irkutsk, 664003, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
Ildar Muftahov, Programmer, Irkutsk Computing Center of Joint Stock Company Russian Railways, 25, Mayakovaskii st., Irkutsk, 664005, Russian Federation; Melentiev Energy Systems Institute SB RAS, 130, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, e-mail: ildar firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksei Zhukov, Junior Research Fellow, Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics SB RAS, 126a, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation; Melentiev Energy Systems Institute SB RAS, 130, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, e-mail: email@example.com
Noeiaghdam S., Sidorov D.N., Muftahov I.R., Zhukov A.V. Control of Accuracy on Taylor-Collocation Method for Load Leveling Problem. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2019, vol. 30, pp. 59-72. https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2019.30.59
- Abbasbandy S., Fariborzi Araghi M.A. The use of the stochastic arithmetic to estimate the value of interpolation polynomial with optimal degree. Appl. Numer. Math., 2004, vol. 50, pp.279-290.
- Abbasbandy S., Fariborzi Araghi M.A. A stochastic scheme for solving definite integrals. Appl. Numer. Math., 2005, vol. 55, pp. 125-136.
- Chesneaux J.M. Study of the computing accuracy by using probabilistic approach. In: C. Ullrich (ed.) Contribution to Computer Arithmetic and Self-Validating Numerical Methods. IMACS, 1990, New Brunswick, NJ.
- Dag I., Canivar A., Sahin A. Taylor – Galerkin and Taylor-collocation methods for the numerical solutions of Burgers’ equation using B-splines. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 2011, vol. 16 (7), pp. 2696-2708.
- Davies Penny J., Duncan Dugald B. Numerical approximation of first kind Volterra convolution integral equations with discontinuous kernels. Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, 2017, vol. 29 (1), pp. 41-73.
- Enesiz Y., Keskin Y., Kurnaz A. The solution of the Bagley–Torvik equation with the generalized Taylor collocation method. Journal of the Franklin Institute, 2010, vol. 347 (2), pp. 452-466.
- Fariborzi Araghi M.A., Noeiaghdam S. A novel technique based on the homotopy analysis method to solve the first kind Cauchy integral equations arising in the theory of airfoils. Journal of Interpolation and Approximation in Scientific Computing, 2016, vol. 1, pp. 1-13.
- Fariborzi Araghi M.A., Noeiaghdam S. Fibonacci-regularization method for solving
Cauchy integral equations of the first kind. Ain Shams Eng J., 2017, vol. 8, pp.
Jordan Journal of Mathematics and Statistics (JJMS), 2018, vol. 11(1), pp. 1-12.
- Fariborzi Araghi M.A., Noeiaghdam S. Dynamical control of computations using the Gauss-Laguerre integration rule by applying the CADNA library. Advances and Applications in Mathematical Sciences, 2016, vol. 16, pp. 1-18.
- Fariborzi Araghi M.A., Noeiaghdam S. A valid scheme to evaluate fuzzy definite integrals by applying the CADNA library. International Journal of Fuzzy System Applications, 2017, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1-20.
- Gokmen E., Isik O. Rasit, Sezer M. Taylor collocation approach for delayed Lotka–Volterra predator-prey system. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2015, vol. 268, pp. 671-684.
- Gu Y., Xu J., Chen D.,Wang Z., Li Q. Overall review of peak shaving for coal-fired power units in China. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2016, vol. 54, pp. 723-731.
- Muftahov I., Tynda A., Sidorov D. Numeric Solution of Volterra Integral Equations of the First Kind with Discontinuous Kernels. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 2017, vol. 313, pp. 119-128.
- Muftahov I.R., Sidorov D.N. Solvability and numerical solutions of systems of nonlinear Volterra integral equations of the first kind with piecewise continuous kernels. Vestnik YuUrGU. Ser. Mat. Model. Progr., 2016, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 130-136.
- Noeiaghdam S., Fariborzi Araghi M.A. Finding optimal step of fuzzy Newton-Cotes integration rules by using the CESTAC method. Journal of Fuzzy Set Valued Analysis, 2017, vol. 2, pp. 62-85.
- Noeiaghdam S., Fariborzi Araghi M.A., Abbasbandy S. Finding optimal convergence control parameter in the homotopy analysis method to solve integral equations based on the stochastic arithmetic. Numer Algor, 2019, vol. 81, no.1, pp. 237-267. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11075-018-0546-7
- Noeiaghdam S., Sidorov D., Sizikov V. Control of accuracy on Taylor-collocation method to solve the weakly regular Volterra integral equations of the first kind by using the CESTAC method. arXiv:1811.09802.
- Noeiaghdam S., Zarei E., Kelishami H. Barzegar. Homotopy analysis transform method for solving Abel’s integral equations of the first kind. Ain Shams Eng J., 2016, vol. 7, pp. 483-495.
- Pazouki S., Haghifam M.-R. Optimal planning and scheduling of energy hub in presence of wind, storage and demand response under uncertainty. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 2016, vol. 80, pp. 219-239.
- Sezer M., G¨ulsu M. Polynomial solution of the most general linear Fredholm–Volterra integrodifferential-difference equations by means of Taylor collocation method. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 2007, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 646-657.
- Sidorov D.N. On Parametric Families of Solutions of Volterra Integral Equations of the First Kind with Piecewise Smooth Kernel. Differential Equations, 2013, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 210–216.
- Sidorov D., Muftahov I., Tomin N., Karamov D., Panasetsky D., Dreglea A., Liu F. A dynamic analysis of energy storage with renewable and diesel generation using Volterra equations. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2019.2932453
- Sidorov N.A., Sidorov D.N. On the Solvability of a Class of Volterra Operator Equations of the First Kind with Piecewise Continuous Kernels. Mathematical Notes, 2014, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 811-826.
- Sidorov D.N., Tynda A.N., Muftahov I.R. Numerical solution of Volterra integral equations of the first kind with piecewise continuous kernel. Vestnik YuUrGU. Ser. Mat. Model. Progr., 2014, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 107-115.
- Sidorov D., Zhukov A., Foley A., Tynda A., Muftahov I., Panasetsky D., Li Y. Volterra models in load levelling problem. E3S Web of Conference, 2018, vol. 69, 01015, pp. 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20186901015
- Sizikov V., Sidorov D. Generalized quadrature for solving singular integral equations of Abel type in application to infrared tomography. Appl. Numer. Math., 2016, vol. 106, pp. 69-78.
- Sizikov V.S., Smirnov A.V., Fedorov B.A. Numerical solution of the Abelian singular integral equation by the generalized quadrature method. Rus. Math. (Iz. VUZ), 2004, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 59-66.
- Soares L., Medeiros M. Modeling and forecasting short-term electricity load: a comparison of methods with an application to Brazilian data. Int. J. Forecast, 2008, vol. 24, pp. 630-644.
- System Operator of Northern Ireland. Available at: http://www.soni.ltd.uk/Operations/sg/DS3 (date of access: 01.07.2016).
- Verlan A.F., Sizikov V.S. Integral Equations: Methods, Algorithms, Programs. Nauk. Dumka Publ., 1986.
- Vignes J. A stochastic arithmetic for reliable scientific computation. Math. Comput. Simulation, 1993, vol. 35, pp. 233-261.
- Zakeri B., Syri S. Electrical energy storage systems: A comparative life cycle cost analysis. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2015, vol. 42, pp. 569-596.