Editorial board policy of the journal «The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Mathematics» («Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Matematika») is based on the international practice concerning the copyright guarantee, on ethical principles, supported by the community of leading publishers of scientific periodicals Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Editorial activities are aimed at informing a wide range of scientific community about new scientific researches. Editorial work is guided by such key principles as: veracity, scientific validity and relevance of the published works.
Publication of papers is free of charge for the authors. The publisher is bearing all expenses for journal production and publication.
The editors do not allow publishing materials, the contents of which are prohibited by the Russian Federation legislation.
Editorial staff is responsible for the quality of published scientific papers, as well as provides support for initiatives aimed at reducing the number of incorrect actions by researchers and ethics violations.
Each participant in the publishing process (publisher, editor, member of the editorial board, author, and reviewer) is required to comply with ethical standards and to avoid unfair practices in publishing activities.
- editors should evaluate manuscripts without regard to race, gender, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors;
- editors should invite only highly professional specialists as Reviewers;
- confidentiality obligation (of researchers, authors, reviewers);
- compliance with scientific ethics while paper reviewing, ensurance of scientific discussion between authors and reviewers;
- editors can not involve authors in the review process;
- privity of contract existence between the publisher, editors and authors;
- protection of intellectual property and copyright guarantee;
- manuscript rejection in case of revealing the other authors previously published materials without reference to the original source (self-plagiarism and plagiarism);
- non-disclosure of the authors and reviews personal data and another information obtained in professional cooperation;
- making amendments, editorial corrections in coordination with the authors.
- agree to review only manuscripts for which they have the subject expertise required to carry out a proper assessment;
- strive for a timely manner of peer reviewing;
- the paper accepted for reviewing is considered to be a confidential document that can not be transferred for familiarization to third parties;
- be objective and constructive in their reviews;
- declare all potential conflicting interests to the editors;
- not allow their reviews to be influenced by the origins of a manuscript, by the nationality, religious or political beliefs, gender or other characteristics of the authors;
- not use information obtained during the peer-review process for their own or any other person’s advantage.
Authors submitting works to the journal warrant the following:
- papers containing original ideas and materials that have not been published before are allowed for publication;
- the author guarantees that his paper is not under consideration in other journals;
- authors grant a licence the publisher of the journal to publish an article in the public domain, including the Internet;
- the author reserves all copyrights to the article published in the journal «The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Mathematics»;
- the author agrees to the processing of personal data in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation. The agreement between the parties is fixed in the License Agreement;
- the research being reported should have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and should comply with all relevant legislation;
- objective discussion of the research relevance;
- no borrowing without reference to the original source (plagiarism);
- recognizing the contribution of others, availability of bibliographic references to used works is mandatory;
- representation of all participants who have made a significant contribution to research as co-authors and approving the final version with all co-authors and their full agreement with the submission of the manuscript for publication;
- instant report about finding significant errors or inaccuracies in the publication by the author and interaction with the editorial staff for the speedy correction of errors or publication withdrawal; timely correction of errors and inaccuracies identified by the editors.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy
The participants of the publication process (authors, editors and reviewers) are required to report any conflict of interests related to competitive, personal or other relationships. The editorial board and reviewers guarantee an objective and impartial work on the manuscript submitted by the authors, the participants involved in the conflict are required to delegate their responsibilities to other members of the editorial board or reviewers.