Inverse Problem for Evolutionary Equation with the Gerasimov – Caputo Fractional Derivative in the Sectorial Case
We investigates the unique solvability of a class of linear inverse problems with a time-independent unknown coefficient in an evolution equation in Banach space, which is resolved with respect to the fractional Gerasimov – Caputo derivative. We assume that the operator in the right-hand side of the equation generates a family of resolving operators of the corresponding homogeneous equation, which is exponentially bounded and analytic in a sector containing the positive semiaxis. It is shown that for the well-posedness of the inverse problem it is necessary to choose as the space of initial data the definition domain of the generating operator endowed with its graph norm. Sufficient conditions for the unique solvability of the inverse problem are found. The obtained abstract results are applied to the unique solvability study of an inverse problem for a class of time-fractional order partial differential equations. The considered example, in particular, shows that when choosing as the source data space not the domain of definition of the generating operator, but the whole space, the inverse problem is ill-posed.
Vladimir Fedorov, Dr. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Prof., Chelyabinsk State University, 129, Bratiev Kashirinykh St., Chelyabinsk, 454001, Russian Federation; tel.: (351)7997235, e-mail: email@example.com
Anna Nagumanova, Cand. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Chelyabinsk State University, 129, Bratiev Kashirinykh St., Chelyabinsk, 454001, Russian Federation; tel.: (351)7997235, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fedorov V.E., Nagumanova A.V. Inverse Problem for Evolutionary Equation with the Gerasimov – Caputo fractional derivative in the Sectorial Case. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2019, vol. 28, pp. 123-137. (in Russian) https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2019.28.123
- Bateman H., Erdelyi A. Higher Transcendental Functions. Vol. 3. New York, Toronto, London, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc. 1953, 396 p.
- Glushak A.V. On an inverse problem For an abstract differential equation of fractional order. Mathematical Notes, 2010, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 654-662. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0001434610050056
- Gordievskikh D.M., Fedorov V.E. Solutions of initial-boundary value problems to some degenerate equations systems of fractional order with respect to the time. Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Matematika [The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics], 2015, vol. 12, pp. 12-22. (in Russian).
- Ivanova N.D., Fedorov V.E., Komarova K.M. Nonlinear inverse problem for the Oskolkov system, linearized in a stationary solution neighborhood. Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Chelyabinsk State University], 2012, no. 26 (280), pp. 49-70. (in Russian).
- Popov A.Yu., Sedletskii A.M. Distribution of roots of Mittag-Leffler functions. Journal of Mathematica Science, 2008, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 209-409.
- Prilepko A.I. The semigroup method for inverse, nonlocal, and nonclassical problems. Prediction-control and prediction-observation for evolution equations: I. Differential Equations, 2005, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 1635-1646. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10625-005-0323-y
- Pyatkov S.G., Samkov M.L. On some classes of coefficient inverse problems for parabolic system of equations. Siberian Advances in Mathematics, 2012, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 287–302. https://doi.org/10.3103/s1055134412040050
- Tikhonov I.V., Eidelman Yu.S. Problems on correctness of ordinary and inverse problems for evolutionary equations of a special form. Mathematical Notes, 1994, vol. 56, no. 2, pp.830–839. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02110743
- Tikhonov I.V., Eidelman Yu.S. An inverse problem for a differential equation in a Banach space and the distribution of zeros of an entire Mittag-Leffer function. Differential Equations, 2002, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 669–677. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1020262708594
- Tribel H. Interpolation Theory. Functional Spaces. Differential Operators. Amsterdam, New York, Oxford, North Holland Publ., 1978. 527 p.
- Urazaeva A.V., Fedorov V.E. Prediction-control problem for some systems of equations of fluid dynamics. Differential Equations, 2008, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1147- 1156. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0012266108080120
- Urazaeva A.V., Fedorov V.E. On the well-posedness of the prediction-control problem for certain systems of equations. Mathematical Notes, 2009, vol. 85, no. 3–4, pp.426-436. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0001434609030134
- Falaleev M.V. Degenerate Abstract Problem of Prediction-Control in Banach Spaces. Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Matematika. [The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics], 2010, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 126–132. (in Russian).
- Fedorov V.E., Ivanova N.D. Nelineynaya evolyutsionnaya obratnaya zadacha dlya nekotorykh uravneniy sobolevskogo tipa [Nonlinear evolution inverse problem for some Sobolev type equations]. Siberian Electronic Mathematical Reports, 2011, vol. 8, Proceedings of the Second International Scientific School-Conference for Young Scientists «Theory and Numerical Methods for Solving Inverse and Ill-Posed Probems», part I, pp. 363-378. (in Russian).
- Fedorov V.E., Romanova E.A. Neodnoronoye evolyutsionnoye uravneniye drobnogo poryadka v sektorial’nom sluchaye. [Inhomogeneous fractional order evolution equation in the sectorial case]. Itogi nauki i tekhniki Seriya: Sovremennaya matematika i eyo prilozhaniya. Tematicheskiye obzory [Science and technology results. Series: Contemporary mathematics and its applications. Thematic reviews], 2018, vol. 149, pp. 103-112. (in Russian).
- Fedorov V.E., Urazaeva A.V. Lineynaya evolyutsionnaya obratnaya zadacha dlya uravneniy sobolevskogo tipa. [Linear evolution inverse problem for Sobolev type equations]. Neklassicheskiye uravneniya matematicheskoy fiziki [Non-classical equations of mathematical physics]. Novosibirsk, S.L. Sobolev Istitute of Mathematics of SB RAS, 2010. pp. 293-310. (in Russian).
- Abasheeva N.L. Some inverse problems for Parabolic equations with changing time direction. Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, 2004, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 337- 348. https://doi.org/10.1515/1569394042248265
- Al Horani M., Favini A. Degenerate first-order inverse problems in Banach spaces. Nonlinear Analysis, 2012, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 68-77.
- Bajlekova E.G. Fractional Evolution Equations in Banach Shaces. PhD thesis. Eindhoven, Eindhoven University of Technology, University Press Facilities, 2001, 107 p.
- Favini A., Lorenzi A. Differential Equations. Inverse and Direct Problems. New York, Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2006, 304 p.
- Fedorov V.E. A Class of fractional order semilinear evolution equations in Banach spaces. Integral Equations and Their Applications, Proceeding of University Network Seminar on the occasion of The Third Mongolia – Russia – Vietnam Workshop on NSIDE 2018, October 27-28, 2018, Hung Yen, Viet Nam. Hung Yen, Hanoi Mathematical Society, Hung Yen University of Technology and Education, 2018, pp. 11-20.
- Fedorov V.E., Ivanova N.D. Identification problem for a degenerate evolution equation with overdetermination on the solution semigroup kernel. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series S, 2016, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 687-696. https://doi.org/10.3934/dcdss.2016022
- Fedorov V.E., Ivanova N.D. Identification problem for degenerate evolution equations of fractional order. Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, 2017, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 706-721. https://doi.org/10.1515/fca-2017-0037
- Fedorov V.E., Nazhimov R.R. Inverse problems for a class of degenerate evolution equations with the Riemann – Liouville derivative. Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, 2019, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 271-286.
- Fedorov V.E., Romanova E.A., Debbouche A. Analytic in a sector resolving families of operators for degenerate evolutional equations. Journal of Mathematica Sciences, 2018, vol. 228, no. 4, pp. 380-394. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10958-017-3629-4
- Fedorov V.E., Urazaeva A.V. An inverse problem for linear Sobolev type equations. Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, 2004, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 387–395. https://doi.org/10.1163/1569394042248210
- Kozhanov A.I. Composite Type Equations and Inverse Problems. Utrecht, VSP, 1999, 181 p.
- Liu Y., Rundell W., Yamamoto M. Strong maximum principle for fractional diffusion equations and an application to an inverse source problem. Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, 2016, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 888–906.
- Orlovsky D.G. Parameter determination in a differentia equation of fractional order with Riemann – Liouville fractional derivative in a Hilbert space. Journal of Siberian Federal University. Mathematics & Physics, 2015, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 55-63.
- Plekhanova M.V. Nonlinear equations with degenerate operator at fractional Caputo derivative. Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 2016, vol. 40, pp. 41–44. https://doi.org/10.1002/mma.3830
- Prilepko A.I., Orlovskii D.G., Vasin I.A. Methods for Solving Inverse Problems in Mathematical Physics. New York, Basel, Marcel Dekker, Inc. 2000, 730 p.
- Pruss J. Evolutionary Integral Equations and Applications. Basel, Springer, 1993, 366 p.