The Existence of the Solution to the Control Problem of Advertising Expenses with Distributed Lag
The dynamic optimal control problem of promotion expenses is analyzed in the paper. The model takes into account response lags of consumers, the response originates from advertising influence and previous purchases. The considered model describes accumulated advertising effect in a time period of advertising impact and accumulated effect of previous purchases in time period of impact of previous purchases. It makes difference to classical optimization dynamic models (Nerlove – Arrow, Vidale – Wolfe etc.) which analyze advertising impact. The optimization problem is formulated as a system of nonlinear integral equations of Volterra type and integral criterion functional. These equations are a special case which is produced by boundaries of the initial problem. The theorem of existence of solution of these equations is proved. Also the theorem of existence of solution of the problem, which maximizes a total company profit for the planning period under restrictions, is examined. These restrictions include bounda ies of advertising budget and the functional dependence which demonstrates a reaction of a target audience. The properties of a demand function, which depends on the accumulated advertising and the accumulated goodwill, are considered there. The problem of practical applying of this model is discussed.
1. Berndt Ernst R. The Practice Of Econometrics: Classic and Contemporary. Addison Wesley, 1996.
2. Dyhta V.A., Samsonjuk O.N. Optimal’noe impul’snoe upravlenie s prilozhenijami [The Optimal Impulse Control with Applications] (in Russian). Moscow, Fizmatlit, 2000.
3. Krasnov M.L. Integral’nye uravnenija [The Integral Equations]., Moscow, Nauka, 1975.(in Russian)
4. Krotov V.F., Lagosha B.A., Lobanov S.M., Danilina N.I., Sergeev S.I. Osnovy teorii optimal’nogo upravlenija: Ucheb. posobie dlja jekon. vuzov [The Fundamentals of the Control Problem Theory] (in Russian). Moscow, Vysh. shk., 1990.
5. Lutoshkin I.V. Modelirovanie otdachi ot chastoty reklamnyh vozdejstvij [Modeling a Response Function to Frequency of Advertising] (in Russian). Applied econometric, 2010, vol. 19, no 3, pp. 101-111.
6. Lutoshkin I.V. Optimizacija nelinejnyh sistem s integro-differencial’nymi svjazjami metodom parametrizacii [The Parameterization Method for Optimizing the Nonlinear Systems which Have the Integro-differential Equations ] (in Russian). Izvestiya Irk. Gos. Univ., Ser. Matematika, 2011, vol. 4, no 1, pp.44-56.
7. Lutoshkin I.V., Yamaltdinova N.R. Optimization Model of the Promotion Expenses with Distributed Lag [Model’ optimizacii reklamnyh rashodov s uchetom raspredelennogo zapazdyvanija](in Russian). Sbornik trudov 4Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakt. konf. «Matematika, statika i informacionnye tehnologii v jekonomike, upravlenii i obrazovanii» [Proc. 4th Int. Sci. Conf. ”Mathematic, Statistic, and Information Technologies in Economic, Managementand Education”], Tver, 2015, pp.84-89.
8. Lutoshkin I.V., Yamaltdinova N.R. Princip maksimuma v zadache upravlenija reklamnymi rashodami s raspredelennym zapazdyvaniem [The Maximum Principe in the Problem of Management of the Promotion Expenses with Distributed Lag](in Russian). Zhurnal Srednevolzhskogo matematicheskogo obshhestva, Saransk, 2015, vol. 17, no 4, pp.96-104.
9. Jian Huang, Mingming Ltng, Liping Liang. Recent Developments in Dynamic Advertising Research. European Journal of Operational Research, 2012, vol.220, no 3, pp. 591-609.