Applications and Methods for the Numerical Solution of a Class of Integer-Algebraic Equations with Variable Limits of Integration
In the paper, we consider interrelated algebraic equations and Volterra linear integral equations of the first and second kind with variable limits of integration, where the lower limit of integration is strictly less than the upper limit for any values ??of the independent variable. If we combine these equations, we obtain a system of integral Volterra equations with variable limits of integration with an identically degenerate matrix in front of the principal part. Such systems of equations are usually called integro-algebraic equations with variable limits of integration. In this paper, without proof, sufficient conditions are given for the existence of a unique solution of integro-algebraic equations with variable limits of integration in the class of continuous functions. For a numerical solution of integro-algebraic equations with variable integration limits, a family of multistep methods based on explicit Adams quadrature formulas for the integral term and on extrapolation formulas for the principal part is proposed. The results of calculations of model examples that illustrate the effectiveness of the constructed methods are presented. As an appendix, the model of long-term development of the electric power system consisting of three types of non-atomic systems is considered: base stations on coal, base stations for oil, maneuver stations on gas and three types of nuclear power plants: with thermal neutron reactors on uranium, with fast neutron reactors On plutonium and with thermal neutron reactors on plutonium. The model is represented in the form of integro-algebraic equations with variable limits of integration. The article analyzes the described model of the long-term development of the electric power system, that is, the matching of the input data and the fulfillment of the conditions for the existence of a single continuous solution in terms of matrix beams.
1. Anciferov E.G., Aparcin A.S., Ashhepkov L.T., Bulatov V.P. Matematicheskie zadachi jenergetiki (modeli, metody, reshenija): Nauchnyj otchet [Mathematical Problems of Energy (Models, Methods, Solutions) : Scientific Report]. Irkutsk,SEI SB AS USSR, 1987. 286 p.
2. Aparcin A.S. Neklassicheskie uravnenija Vol’terra I roda: teorija i chislennye metody [Nonclassical Volterra Equations of the First Kind: Theory and Numerical Methods]. Novosibirsk, Nauka, Sibirskaja izdatel’skaja firma RAS, 1999. 193 p.
3. Aparcin A.S., Trishechkin A.M. Primenenie modelej V.M. Glushkova dlja modelirovanija dolgosrochnyh strategij razvitija EJeJeS Application of V.M. Glushkov Models for Modeling Long-term Strategies for the Development of aUnified Power System. Tezisy dokladov vsesojuznoj konferencii «Kurs-4» Abstracts of the Reports of the All-Union Conference «Course-4». Riga, 1986, pp. 17-19.
4. Budnikova O.S. Numerical Solution of Integral-algebraic Equations for Multistep Methods. Comput. Math. and Math. Phys., 2012, vol. 52, no 5, pp. 691-701. (in Russian)
5. Bulatov M.V. Metody reshenija differencial’no-algebraicheskih i vyrazhdennyh integral’nyh sistem Methods for Solving Differential-algebraic and Degenerate Integral Systems, Doctor’s Dissertation in Mathematics and Physics. Irkutsk, 2002.244 p.
6. Bulatov M.V. Regularization of Degenerate Systems of Volterra Integral Equations. Comput. Math. Math. Phys., 2002, vol. 42, no 3, pp. 315–320 (in Russian)
7. Bulatov M.V., Machkhina M.N. Ob odnom klasse integro-algebraicheskih uravnenij s peremennymi predelami integrirovanija On a Class of Integro-algebraic Equations with Variable Limits of Integration. Zhurnal srednevolzhskogo matematicheskogo obshhestva Journal of the Middle Volga Mathematical Society, 2010, vol. 12, no 2, pp. 40-45.
8. Vaarman O. Obobshhennye obratnye otobrazhenija Generalized Inverse Mappings. Tallin, Valgus, 1988. 120 p.
9. Glushkov V.M. Ob odnom klasse dinamicheskih makrojekonomicheskih modelej [About One Class of Dynamic Macroeconomic Models]. Upravljajushhie sistemy i mashiny Control Systems and Machines, 1977, no 2, pp. 3-6.
10. Glushkov V.M., Ivanov V.V., Janenko V.M. Modelirovanie razvivajushhihsja sistem Modeling of Developing Systems. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1983. 350 p.
11. Ten Men Jan. Priblizhennoe reshenie linejnyh integral’nyh uravnenij Vol’terra I roda Approximate Solution of Linear Volterra Integral Equations of the First Kind, Candidate’s Dissertation in Mathematics and Physics. Irkutsk, 1985. 155 p.
12. Chistjakov V.F. O singuljarnyh sistemah obyknovennyh differencial’nyh uravnenij i ih integral’nyh analogah On Singular Systems of Ordinary Differential Equations and Their Integral Counterparts. Funkcii Ljapunova i ih prilozhenija Lyapunov Functions and Their Applications. Novosibirsk, Nauka Publ., 1987, pp. 231-239.
13. Brunner H. Collocation Methods for Volterra Integral and Related Funktional Differential Equations. Cambridge University Press, 2004.