Parameterization of Some Control Problems by Linear Systems
In the framework of control parameterization methods a number of optimization problems of linear phase systems with quadratic and bilinear functionals is considered. Approximation of the control is carried out in the class of piecewise linear functions and is formed as a linear combination of a special set of support functions with coefficients that are variables of the finite-dimensional problem. At the same time the interval control constraint in the variational problem automatically passes into similar constraints on the variables of the finite-dimensional problem.
To characterize and effectively solve these problems, explicit expressions of the selected functionals are obtained with respect to parameters of approximations. As a result, a series of quadratic mathematical programming problems with the simplest restrictions on variables is formulated. The quadratic forms of the objective functions are determined by the Gram and Hessenberg matrices.
It should be emphasized that the parametrization preserves the convexity property of the original optimal control problem. In addition, the simplest optimal control problem with a linear terminal functional after parameterization is solved without iterations.
The connection between the coordinated problems at the level of optimality conditions is established. It consists in the fact that the differential condition of the extremum in a finite-dimensional problem is locally equivalent to the maximum principle for the variational problem at the points of set.
Vladimir Srochko, Dr. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Prof., Irkutsk State University, 1, K. Marks St., Irkutsk, 664003, Russian Federation, tel.: (3952)521276, e-mail: email@example.com
Elena Aksenyushkina, Cand. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Assoc. Prof., Baikal State University, 11, Lenin St., Irkutsk, 664015, Russian Federation, tel.: (3952)500008, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Srochko V.A., Aksenyushkina E.V. Parameterization of Some Linear Systems Control Problems. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2019, vol. 30, pp. 83-98. (in Russian) https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2019.30.83
- Arguchintsev A.V., Dykhta V.A., Srochko V.A. Optimal control: nonlocal conditions, computational methods, and the variational maximum principle. Izvestiya vuzov. Mathematics, 2009, no.1, pp. 3-43. (in Russian)
- Balashevich N.V., Gabasov R., Kirillova F.M. Numerical methods of software and positional optimization of linear control systems. Zhurn. comp. math and math. physics, 2000, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 838-859. (in Russian)
- Bakhvalov N.S., Zhidkov N.P., Kobelkov G.M. Numerical methods. Moscow, Laboratory of basic knowledge Publ., 2002, 632 p.(in Russian)
- Verzhbitsky V.M. Numerical methods. Moscow, High school Publ., 2001, 382 p. (in Russian)
- Gorbunov V.K. The reduction of optimal control problems for finite-dimensional. Sib. comp. math and math. physics, 1978, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1083-1095. (in Russian)
- Gorbunov V.K., Lutoshkin I.V. The Development and experience of applying the parameterization method in degenerate problems of dynamical optimization. Izvestiya RAS. Theory and control systems, 2004, no. 5, pp. 67-84. (in Russian)
- Yevtushenko Yu.G. Methods for solving extreme problems and their application in optimization systems. Moscow, Science Publ., 1982, 432 p. (in Russian)
- Korsun O.N., Stulovskaya A.V. Direct method of formation of optimal program control of the aircraft. Izv. Theory and control systems, 2019, no. 2, pp. 75-89. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0002338819020112 (in Russian)
- Pshenichny B.N., Danilin Yu.M. Numerical methods in extremal problems. Moscow, Science Publ., 1975, 320 p.(in Russian)
- Strekalovsky A.S. Elements of nonconvex optimization. Novosibirsk, Nauka Publ., 2003, 356 p.(in Russian)
- Sukharev A.G., Fedorov V.V. Course of optimization methods. Moscow, Science Publ., 1986, 328 p.(in Russian)
- Tabak D., Kuo B. Optimal control and mathematical programming. Moscow, Science Publ., 1975, 280 p.(in Russian)
- Chernov A.V. On the application of Gauss functions for the numerical solution of optimal control problems. Automatics and Telemechanics, 2019, no. 6, pp. 51-69. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0005231019060035 (in Russian)
- Enkhbat R. On some theory, methods and algorithms for concave programming. Optimization and Optimal Control, 2003, pp. 79-102.
- Teo K.L., Goh C.J., Wong K.H. A unified computational approach to optimal control problem. Longman Group Limited, 1991.