On the Stability of Solutions of Neutral Differential Equations with Distributed Delay
We consider one class of systems of linear nonautonomous differential equations of neutral type with distributed delay. The matrix in front of the derivative of the unknown vector-function with delay is constant, the matrix in front of the unknown vector-function has continuous T-periodic elements, the kernel of the integral operator consists of continuous functions, which are T-periodic with respect to argument t. The aim of the work is to study the asymptotic stability of the zero solution using the method of modified Lyapunov–Krasovskii functionals. The method of Lyapunov–Krasovskii functionals is the development of the Lyapunov second method. The advantage of this method is the simplicity of formulations and the reduction of the study of asymptotic stability to solving well-conditioned problems. In addition, the method of modified Lyapunov–Krasovskii functionals allows to obtain estimates of solutions to linear systems of delay differential equations. Note that the use of modified Lyapunov–Krasovskii functionals also allows to obtain estimates of solutions to nonlinear differential equations and estimates of the attraction set. Previously, a system of periodic differential equations of neutral type was considered in the works by G.V. Demidenko and I.I. Matveeva, where sufficient conditions of the asymptotic stability of the zero solution were obtained and estimates of solutions to this system were established. A system of linear periodic differential equations with distributed delay was considered by the author of this paper. For this system it was also obtained sufficient conditions of the asymptotic stability of the zero solution and established estimates of solutions. In the present paper, we obtain sufficient conditions of the asymptotic stability of the zero solution to the neutral type system with distributed delay in terms of matrix inequalities and establish estimates of solutions to the system characterizing the exponential decay at infinity.
1. Azbelev N.V., Simonov P.M. Ustoychivost’ resheniy uravneniy s obyknovennymi proizvodnymi [Stability of solutions to equations with ordinary derivatives]. Perm, Izdatelstvo Permskogo universiteta, 2001, 230 p. (in Russian)
2. Bellman R., Cooke K.L. Diﬀerential-diﬀerence equations. London, Academic Press, 1963, 482 p.
3. Demidenko G.V., Matveeva I.I. On estimates of solutions to systems of diﬀerential equations of neutral type with periodic coeﬃcients. Sib. Math. J., 2014, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 866–881. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0037446614050061
4. Kolmanovskiy V.V., Nosov V.R. Ustoychivost’ i periodicheskie rezhimy reguliruemyh sistem s posledeystviem [Stability and periodic regimes of controlled systems with aftereﬀect]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1981, 448 p. (in Russian)
5. Krasovskii N.N. Stability of Motion. Applications of Lyapunov’s Second Method to Diﬀerential Systems and Equations with Delay. Stanford, Stanford University Press, 1963, 188 p.
6. Myshkis A.D. Lineynye diﬀerentsial’nye uravneniya s zapazdyvayushchim argumentom [Linear diﬀerential equations with retarded argument]. Moscow, Leningrad, Gostehizdat Publ., 1951, 256 p. (in Russian)
7. Hale J. Theory of Functional Diﬀerential Equations. New York, Springer, 1977, 366 p. https://www.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-9892-2
8. El’sgol’ts L.E., Norkin S.B. Vvedenie v teoriyu diﬀerentsial’nyh uravneniy s otklonyayushchimsya argumentom [Introduction to the theory of diﬀerential equations with deviating argument]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1971, 296 p. (in Russian)
9. Demidenko G.V. Stability of solutions to linear diﬀerential equations of neutral type. J. Anal. Appl., 2009, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 119–130.
10. Hayes N.D. Roots of the Transcendental Equation Associated with a Certain Diﬀerence-Diﬀerential Equation. J. London Math. Soc., 1950, vol. 25, pp. 226–232. https://doi.org/10.1112/jlms/s1-25.3.226
11. Yskak T.K. Suﬃcient conditions for the asymptotic stability of solutions to one class of linear systems of neutral type with periodic coeﬃcients. Dinamicheskie Systemy, 2015, vol. 5(33), no. 3–4, pp. 177–191.
12. Yskak T. Stability of solutions to systems of diﬀerential equations with distributed delay. Funct. Diﬀer. Equ., 2018, vol. 24, no. 1–2, pp. 97–108.