Date Selection of the Beginning of the Economic Year on the Minimization Criteria of the Seasonal Oscillations Amplitude
The problem of choosing the best of the season to the start date of the economic (financial and tax) year. As representatives of the seasons are considered the date of January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. Formulated and discussed the distribution of inequality in the squares of the calendar year beginning on January 1, power manifestations of natural factors of production intensity. Postulated and discussed inequality in the distribution of quarterly financial year of production intensity factors due to the start date of the financial year. We introduce the condition that an increase in power of manifestation of one of the two factors of production volumes increase. As a criterion for the selection of the best date of the beginning of the financial year is considered to minimize the costs of regulation of seasonal fluctuations in production volumes, which depend on the amplitude of seasonal fluctuations. The theorem that the smallest amplitude of seasonal fluctuations in the manufacturing industry and transport will be at the beginning of the financial year 1 April or 1 October, the highest - under the present start of the financial year.
Zorkaltsev V.I., Mokry I.V. Date Selection of the Beginning of the Economic Year on the Minimization Criteria of the Seasonal Oscillations Amplitude. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2017, vol. 22, pp. 50-62. (In Russian). https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2017.22.50
1. Aksyutin P.K., Zorkaltsev V.I. Methodical questions on the calculation of operational reserves of boiler-furnace fuel in the USSR. Reliability of the power systems of the North. Syktyvkar, Komi Scientific Center of the UrB RAS USSR,1990. (in Russian)
2. Zorkaltsev V.I. Influence of the seasonal factor on industrial production. Izv. SB AS USSR. A series of social sciences, 1978, no 2. (in Russian)
3. Zorkaltsev V.I. When it is better to start an economic year. Management of economic systems. Novosibirsk, IEEP of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1980, pp. 102-120. (in Russian)
4. Zorkaltsev V.I. The beginning of the financial year. ECO, 1981, no 9. (in Russian)
5. Zorkaltsev V.I. Problema vybora nailuchshey daty nachala khozyaystvennogo goda [The problem of choosing the best date for the start of the business year]. Irkutsk, ISEM SB RAS, 2016. 32 p. (in Russian)
6. Kalendari v kul’ture narodov mira [Calendars in the culture of the peoples of the world]. Moscow, Science, 1993. 272 p. (in Russian)
7. Klimenshin I.A. Kalendari i khronologiya [Calendars and chronology]. Moscow, Science, 1985. 478 p. (in Russian)
8. Mikhailov A.A. Zemlya i ee vrashchenie [Earth and its rotation]. Moscow, Science, 1984, 80 p. (in Russian)
9. Postanovlenie TsIK i SNK “O perenose nachala khozyaystvennogo goda s 1 oktyabrya na 1 yanvarya” [Resolution of the Central Executive Committee and the Council of People’s Commissars “On the transfer of the beginning of the economicyear from October 1 to January 1”]. Izvestia of the Central Executive Committee of the USSR and the Central Executive Committee of September 21 of 1930 year. (in Russian)
10. Seleshnekov S.G. Istoriya kalendarya i khronologiya [History of the calendar and chronology]. Moscow, Science, 1997. 153 p. (in Russian).
11. Khrenov L.S., Golub I.Ya. Vremya i kalendar’ [Time and calendar]. Moscow, Science, 1990. 126 p. (in Russian)
12. Shur Ya.I. Vremya i kalendar’[Time and Calendar] Children’s Encyclopedia. Moscow, Enlightenment, 1964, pp. 145-158. (in Russian)