Implementation of Multithreading in Refal-5e Machine
This paper contains a description of one of the features of the Refal-5e programming language, a built-in support for the multi-threading programs execution. This feature allows much faster performance for many programs on modern hardware in comparison with single-threaded techniques. In the paper we have also compared implementations of milti-threading in different programming languages, their advantages and disadvantages. Our implementation of multi-threading in Refal-5e machine can automatically control the flow and timing. As a result, a software developer can focus on the functionality of the program and still get all the advantages of multi-threaded execution of the programs.
1. Goshev V.A., Kosovskiy N.K. Project of programming language Refal-5e with convenient extensions by means of preprocessor (in Russian). Computer instruments in education, 2014, vol. 1, pp 3-13.
2. Goshev V.A. Implementation of REFAL-5E programming language translator with embedded interpreter and support of external code libraries (in Russian). Computer instruments in education, 2014, vol. 5, pp 16-25.
3. Goshev V.A, Kosovskiy N.K. Refal-5e: Development of language and implementation of translator (in Russian). Technology of Microsoft in theory and practick of software development St. Petersburg, 2014, pp 91-92.
4. Goshev V.A. Features of programming language refal-5e (in Russian). Proc. Russian Symposium on Problems of informatics, St. Petersburg, April 2014, pp 66-68.
5. Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie. The C Programming Language 2nd Edition. AT&T;Bell Laboratories, 2007.
6. Anany Levitin. Introduction to The Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Villanova University, 2006.
7. David R. Butenhof. Programming with POSIX Threads. Addison-Wesley, 1997.
8. Love R. Linux System Programming. Talking Directly to the Kernel and C Library. O´Reilly, 2007.
9. Marlow S. Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell: Techniques for Multicore and Multithreaded Programming. O’Reilly, 2013.
10. Turchin V.F. Refal-5. Programming Guide and Reference Manual. New England Publishing Co., Holyoke, 1989.