Optimization of impulsive control systems with intermediate state constraints
In this paper, we consider an optimal impulsive control problem with intermediate state constraints. The peculiarity of the problem consists in a non-standard way of specifying of intermediate constraints. So the constraints must be satisfied for at least one selection of a set-valued solution to the impulsive control system. We prove a theorem for the existence of an optimal control and propose the reduction procedure that transforms the initial optimal control problem with intermediate constraints into a hybrid problem with control parameters. This hybrid problem gives an equivalent description of the optimal impulsive control problem. We discuss a numerical algorithm based on a direct collocation method and give a schema to the corresponding numerical calculations for a test example.
Nadezhda Maltugueva, Programmer, Matrosov Institute for System Dynamics and Control Theory SB RAS, 134, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: (3952) 45-30-37, e-mail: email@example.com
Nikolay Pogodaev, Cand. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Senior Research Scientist, Matrosov Institute for System Dynamics and Control Theory SB RAS, 134, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: (3952) 45-30-52, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olga Samsonyuk, Cand. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Senior Research Scientist, Matrosov Institute for System Dynamics and Control Theory SB RAS, 134, Lermontov st., Irkutsk, 664033, Russian Federation, tel.: (3952)45-31-51, e-mail: email@example.com
Maltugueva N.S., Pogodaev N.I., Samsonyuk O.N. Optimization of Impulsive Control Systems with Intermediate State Constraints. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2021, vol. 35, pp. 18-33. https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2021.35.18
- Arutyunov A., Karamzin D., Lobo Pereira F. Optimal Impulsive Control. Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer, Cham, 2019, vol. 477. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02260-0
- Kelly M. An introduction to trajectory optimization: How to do your own direct collocation. SIAM Review, 2017, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 849–904. https://epubs.siam.org/doi/pdf/10.1137/16M1062569
- Maltugueva N., Pogodaev N., Samsonyuk O. Optimality Conditions and Numerical Algorithms for Hybrid Control Systems. Khachay M., Kochetov Y., Pardalos P. (eds.). Mathematical Optimization Theory and Operations Research. MOTOR 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Cham, 2019, vol. 11548, pp. 474-488. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22629-9
- Miller B.M. The generalized solutions of nonlinear optimization problems with impulse control. SIAM J. Control Optim., 1996, vol. 34, pp. 1420–1440. https://doi.org/10.1137/S0363012994263214
- Miller B.M., Rubinovich E.Ya. Discontinuous solutions in the optimal control problems and their representation by singular space-time transformations. Autom. Remote Control, 2013, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 1969–2006. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0005117913120047
- Miller B.M., Rubinovich E.Ya. Dynamical systems with discontinuous solutions and problems with unbounded derivatives. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2017, vol. 19, pp. 136–149. https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2017.19.136
- Miller B.M., Rubinovich E.Ya. Optimization of Dynamic Systems with Impulsive Control and Shock Impacts. Moscow, LENAND/URSS Publ., 2019. (in Russian)
- Samsonyuk O.N. Optimality conditions for optimal impulsive control problems with multipoint state constraints. Journal of Global Optimization, 2020, vol. 34, pp. 1420–1440. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10898-019-00868-w
- Samsonyuk O.N., Sorokin S.P. Optimality Conditions for Impulsive Processes with Intermediate State Constraints. The 15th International Conference on Stability and Oscillations of Nonlinear Control Systems (Pyatnitskiy’s Conference) (STAB), Moscow, Russia, 3–5 June 2020. IEEE, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1109/STAB49150.2020.9140658
- Srochko V.A. Iterative Methods for Solving of Optimal Control Problems. Moscow, Fizmatlit Publ., 2000, 160 p.
- Srochko V.A., Antonik V.G., Rozinova N.S. Methods of bilinear approximations for solving optimal control problems. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2011, no. 3, pp. 146–157.
- Von Stryk O., Bulirsch R. Direct and indirect methods for trajectory optimization. Annals of Operations Research, 1992, vol. 37, pp. 357–373.
- Zavalishchin S.T., Sesekin A.N. Dynamic Impulse Systems: Theory and Applications. Mathematics and Its Applications, Springer, Netherlands, 1997, vol. 394. https://doi.org/10.3390/app8091680