On Periodic Groups of Shunkov with the Chernikov
Centralizers of Involutions
Layer-finite groups first appeared in the work by S. N. Chernikov (1945). Almost layer-finite groups are extensions of layer-finite groups by finite groups. The author develops the direction of characterizing the well studied classes of groups in other classes of groups with some additional (rather weak) finiteness conditions. In this paper, almost layer-finite groups are characterized in the class of periodic Shunkov groups. Shunkov group is a group G in which for any of its finite subgroup K in the factor group NG(K)/K any two conjugate elements of prime order generate a finite subgroup. We study periodic Shunkov groups under the condition that a normalizer of any finite nontrivial subgroup is almost layer-finite. It is proved that if in such a group the centralizers of involutions are Chernikov ones, then the group is almost layer-finite.
Vladimir Senashov, Dr. Sci. (Phys.–Math.), Prof., Siberian Federal University, 79, Svobodniy av., Krasnoyarsk, 660041, Russian Federation; Institute of Computational Modelling SB RAS, 50/44, Akademgorodok, Krasnoyarsk, 660036, Russian Federation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senashov V. I. On Periodic Groups of Shunkov with the Chernikov Centralizers of Involutions. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2020, vol. 32, pp. 101-117. https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2020.32.101
- Brauer R., Feit W. Analogue of Jordan’s theorem in characteristic p. Ann. Math., 1966, vol. 84, pp. 119-131.
- Gorenstein D. Finite groups. N. Y., Harper and Row, 1968, 256 p.
- Hartley B. Finite groups of automrphisms of locally soluble groups. J. Algebra, 1979, vol. 57, pp. 242-257.
- Kargapolov M.I. Locally finite groups with special Sylow p-subgroups. Avtoref. dis. Cand. Phys.-Mat. Sciences. Molotov, 1955.
- Kargapolov M.I., Merzlyakov Yu.I. Basics of group theory. 3rd ed. Moscow, Science, 1982, 288 p. (In Russian)
- Kegel O.H., Wehrfritz B.A.F. Locally Finite Groups. Amsterdam, London, NorthHolland Pabl., Co., 1973, 316 p.
- Kurosh A.G. Group Theory. 3rd ed. Moscow, Science, 1967, 648 p. (In Russian)
- Pavlyuk I.I., Shafiro A.A., Shunkov V.P. On locally finite groups with a condition of primary minimality for subgroups. Algebra and logic, vol. 13, pp. 324-336. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01463353
- Senashov V.I. Sufficient conditions for the almost layer-finiteness of a group. Ukraine math. journal, 1999, vol. 51, pp. 472-485. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02591757
- Senashov V. I. On the Sylow subgroups of periodic Shunkov groups. Ukraine math. journal, 2005, vol. 57, pp. 1584–1556. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11253-006-0030-8
- Senashov V.I. The structure of an infinite Sylow subgroup in some periodic Shunkov groups. Discrete maths., 2002, vol. 14, pp. 133-152. https://doi.org/10.1515/dma-2002-0504
- Senashov V.I., Shunkov V.P. Almost layer-finiteness of the periodic part of a group without involutions. Discrete maths., 2003, vol. 15, pp. 91-104. https://doi.org/10.1515/156939203322556054
- Senashov V.I. Characterizations of Shunkov groups. Ukraine math. journal, 2008, vol. 60, pp. 1110-1118. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11253-009-0127-y
- Senashov V.I. On groups with a strongly embedded subgroup having an almost layer-finite periodic part. Ukraine math. journal, 2012, vol. 64, pp. 384-391. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11253-012-0656-7
- Senashov V.I. Almost layer-finite groups. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2013, 106 p. (In Russian)
- Shlepkin A.A. On one sufficient condition for the existence of a periodic part in the Shunkov group. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series Mathematics, 2017, vol. 22, pp. 90-105. https://doi.org/10.26516/1997-7670.2017.22.90
- Shlepkin A.A. On a periodic part of a Shunkov group saturated with wreathed groups. Trudy Instituta Matematiki i Mekhaniki UrO RAN, 2018, vol. 24, pp. 281- 285. https://doi.org/10.21538/0134-4889-2018-24-3-281-285
- Shlepkin A.A. On the periodic part of the Shunkov group saturated with linear groups of degree 2 over finite fields of even characteristic. Chebyshevskii Sbornik, 2019, vol. 20, pp. 399-407. https://doi.org/10.22405/2226-8383-2019-20-4-399-407
- Shunkov V.P. On the embedding of primary elements in a group. Novosibirsk, Science, 1992, 133 p. (In Russian)
- Shunkov V.P. On a one class of p-groups. Algebra and Logic, 1970, vol. 9, pp. 484- 496. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02219449
- Shunkov V.P. On periodic groups with almost regular involution. Algebra and Logic, 1972, vol. 11, pp. 470-493. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02219098
- Shunkov V.P. On periodic groups with some conditions of finiteness. Dokl. Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1970, vol. 195, pp. 1290-1293.
- Shunkov V.P. Mp-groups. Moscow: Science, 1990, 160 p. (In Russian)
- Suzuki M. Finite groups of even order in which Sylow 2-groups are independent. Ann. Math., 1964, vol. 80, pp. 58-77.